IPv4 Subnet Calculator Console Version
IPv4 Subnet Calculator Console Version is a program written in C ANSI Programming Language and compiled with TDM-GCC MinGW 4.9.2 32bit Compiler on DevC++ IDE. Runs on Windows* Console Environment (CMD.exe) and with some code changes, already made, can be compiled for Linux based Operating Systems and Linux Console use.
Developed with passion for programming and for educational purposes. IPv4 Subnet Calculator Console Version development time period was 6 months along with the GUI WPF Application Version and was my first dive into software development. It contains algorithms for number conversions (decimal to binary and reverse) with IPv4 custom structures and complex functions for the sub network calculations. It futures different input methods, CIDR, VLSM subnetting functionality and a well-structured console result display system with attention to detail.
IPv4 Subnet Calculator Console Version development stopped on June 2015. That means the program it’s not tested for professional use and bugs still exist. This Win32 console version later converted into a GUI C# WPF Application with a complete code refactoring and with UI Build for scratch with many fixes on the core calculation algorithms plus the introduction to IPv6 subnetting.
Feel free to download it and test it.
/* Copyright © Goulas Athanasios (TerrorFlatRider) 2014-2015 All Rights Reserved */
- [Menu Option “1”] Decimal IPv4 Input (example: 192.168.1.2)
- [Menu Option “2”] Binary IPv4 Input (example: 11000000.10101000.00000001.00000010)
IPv4 Sub Netting Mode:
- [Menu Option “3”] Input Default Prefix
- [Menu Option “4”] Input Custom Prefix
- [Menu Option “5”] Input Maximum Hosts
- [Menu Option “6”] Input Maximum Sub Networks
- [Menu Option “7”] Input Network Mask in Decimal Form (example: 255.255.255.0)
- [Menu Option “8”] Input Network Mask in Binary Form (example: 11111111.11111111.11111111.00000000)
- [Menu Option “9”] Standard Mode calculates all the Sub Network IPs in sequence
- Option to limit the results to a specific range subnet range.
IPv4 Variable Length Subnet Mask (VLSM):
- [Menu Option “1”] Input Custom Prefix
- [Menu Option “2”] Input Hosts
- Option to export the results in a text file**.
- Quick Export Mode executes all the calculations in the background and exports the results in a text file without showing them on the console screen.
- *Microsoft Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10